NCRHA Return to Play Guidelines - February 2021February 12th, 2021 at 1:16AM February 12th, 2021 7:53AM
The National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association has announced the Return to Play Guidelines for the 2020-2021 season.
Please see the guidelines below.
NCRHA Return to Play Guidelines - Participant Health & Safety
- All players and teams to follow the COVID-19 guidelines of their college/university
- NCRHA will follow government guidelines based on the facility location
- Increased frequency of hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged for all players and staff
- Fans may be limited or prohibited according to local guidelines
- All non-participants (including coaches, scorekeepers, etc.) to wear masks at all times
- Participants (players and officials) to wear masks except when on the rink or in the player’s benches during the games
- NCRHA to increase the cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment, bench areas, surfaces and restrooms
- Block scheduling when possible, to minimize the number of teams/players in the building at one time/transitioning in/out of building
- Teams coming on the rink must use separate doors, or if using the same door, the visiting team should wait in their locker room until the home team is on the floor. At the conclusion of the game, teams must leave by separate doors, or if using the same door, one team must wait for the other to be in their locker room before exiting the rink. Teams coming on the rink for the next game must wait in their locker rooms until the prior teams are in their locker rooms, and then follow the protocol above.
- No post-game handshake: instead each team is encouraged to gather between the dots on their half of the rink for stick taps.
- One-way traffic in the building (entry/exit) when possible
NCRHA Return to Play Guidelines - Team Information/Eligibility
- Teams must provide School Acknowledgement Letter to NCRHA prior to participation
- Letter must include any additional requests or requirements from school officials
- Letter must include the school's enrollment requirements (number of classes/credits required to be eligible to participate)
- Players must register on NCRHA.org, including USA Roller Hockey insurance registration
- The 2020-2021 season will not count towards the 5-year eligibility limit (or 3-year Junior College eligibility limit)
- The 2020-2021 season will not require the typical 9-credit enrollment number (or 6-credits for Junior College students), but NCRHA will defer to each school's enrollment requirements
Teams and players are encouraged to take every precaution before, during and after the event to help minimize exposure and risk. The above guidelines are fluid and may be revised by the NCRHA as necessary.
For more information, contact [email protected]