Summer 2020 Off-Season Paperwork and 2020-2021 Season PlanningJune 15th, 2020 at 3:09PM June 15th, 2020 8:14PM
The NCRHA is committed to bring you the 2020-2021 season of collegiate roller hockey, and a National Championships as well. There is still a lot of uncertainty about the fall semester, whether schools will be live or virtual, how supportive schools will be of club sports, state guidelines considering the NCRHA has teams from 20 states and holds events in 17 states, etc. Due to that uncertainty, the NCRHA is considering several options for the 2020-2021 season, with the goal to bring you the fullest season of collegiate roller hockey possible. The NCRHA and its Conferences will attempt to be as flexible as possible, while still maintaining a consistent approach across the nation as possible. We will be asking for your flexibility as well.
In the meantime, we need to move forward in anticipation of Plan A, being a full NCRHA season, starting in the Fall. That means that it is now time for you to start thinking about the upcoming season, starting with Divisional Applications and Rule Change Proposals. Both will be due on Friday June 26, at 11pm Eastern.
A few notes and considerations before you access the Divisional Application and Rule Change Proposal Form:
- Divisional Application
- The NCRHA has already stated that the 2019-2020 season will not count toward the 5-year player eligibility limit.
- At this point, assume that graduated seniors will not be allowed to participate. Should that work out, consider it a bonus.
- Club Sports Director information has always been important, but this Summer it is critical. NCRHA will need to be in direct contact with them this Summer and school year, including sending Club Sports Directors a survey closer to the start of the school year, when hopefully the majority of schools have more information. Please do not complete the survey until you have your Club Sports Director's name, email address and direct business phone number.
- Rule Change Proposals
- NCRHA Rulebook and League Operations Manual proposals will be accepted.
- Note that season length and post-season eligibility (6 regular season games played in order to be post-season eligible) rule changes are not necessary. NCRHA is working out several season scenarios and will evaluate these if needed.
- If you wish to submit more than 1 Rule Change Proposal, please close the window after you have submitted one, and click the below link again.
Divisional Application: https://forms.gle/kfuAzpyXhHfGF8t58
Rule Change Proposal: https://forms.gle/xGPhYnvTzXWKFemH7
Thank you for your dedication to your club, your school, your teammates, and to the sport of collegiate roller hockey.
Stay healthy and safe. We hope to see you at the rink soon!